[OT] check-buildroot: binary file matches

I'm trying to build ffmpeg on rawhide with a spec file that's worked for over 8 months. I'm now getting an error I've never seen - with an error message that leaves me clueless:

+ /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
Binary file /var/tmp/ffmpeg-root/usr/bin/ffmpeg matches
Found '/var/tmp/ffmpeg-root' in installed files; aborting

I realize this is the wrong place for rpmbuild issues, but I'd appreciate either a lead on fixing this, or a steer to where these rpm issues are addressed.

Thanks.

sean