Re: rawhide du jour installer can't load modules?

Roland McGrath wrote:
> Is the rawhide installer broken for loading modules?  I tried a network
> install on i386 & x86_64 using today's images, and it acted like no modules
> worked.  i.e., it didn't find the module for my NIC, and manual selection
> of the right one (tg3) didn't behave any different.
>
> I think this is with the rawhide kernel rpm whose uname -r says 2.6.22 but
> its install uses 2.6.23, so maybe that is related.  Or what?

I'm pretty sure this is solely the kernel build's fault -- I missed one
necessary change to fix up what the built kernel actually calls itself
in the pre-rc1 case, so all module loading is mostly horked. Its fixed
in cvs, but davej is still shaking out compile issues w/the latest git
snapshot.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com