Re: Heads up: kernel 2.6.23-0.14.rc0.git1.fc8 busted

Jarod Wilson wrote:
With the transition to the new kernel rpm versioning scheme, we ended up
having to call things such as the pre-2.6.23-rc1 git kernels, which
upstream are 2.6.22-gitX, 2.6.23-rc0-gitX. However, I missed a tiny
detail, which leaves the kernel package showing 2.6.23, but the
resulting kernel's uname 2.6.22. Makes Bad Things happen with any kernel
in the 2.6.23-0.x.rc0.git1.fc8 range, where x is . Fixing now (in
theory, this is a simple fix by twiddling the kernel Makefile's
SUBLEVEL), will push a fixed build ASAP...

Of course, Linus merged a ton of stuff, and now the latest git snapshots are currently not liking to actually compile, so we don't have a repaired kernel package out just yet. Sorry for the delay folks. The Man (davej) is working through the compile issues though, and hopes to have something relatively soon. Stay tuned... :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com