Re: pyGTK

lostson wrote:
Hello I am currently studying python and am enjoying it quite well along the
way. I just happen to catch the update email today that pygtk2 is
updated today and I saw this in the email
 Just about anything you can write in C with GTK+ you can write
in Python with PyGTK (within reason), but with all the benefits of
Python.

 My main concern here is the (within reason) what exactly does this
mean ? Should I concentrate on another language instead of python. what
are the limitations ? Thanks for any ideas and advice.
Python and PyGTK is a great way to write GUI programs, and if you use glade to design the gui, it all becomes very easy to code and maintain. I think the 'within reason' mean that 99.9 % of the API in GTK+ has be wrapped into pygtk, if you want to use the 0.1% you have to use C, i don't think you will ever need the 0.1% anyway.

Tim