Re: Fedora Offline Package Manager (RUM) version 0.0.1 released

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
To install package(s) from a YumPack, you would need to untar the
YumPack, which is essentially an uncompressed Tar archive, and use
'system-install-packages' to install the RPMs as you would normally
> do.

Why uncompressed?

No particular reason, except that on Fedora Core 6 compressed archives
of the rpmdb would lead to strange behaviour. Thus I am trying to stay
clean of any compressed archive.

Since RPM contents are (IIRC) already compressed, I'm not sure you'd squeeze enough space out of compression to make it worth the trouble, anyway.

     Jima