firewire (juju) (was: any chance to see kernel 2.6.22 for FC6?)

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:54:42 UTC 2007

2007/7/17, Stephanos Manos <stefmanos at gmail.com>:
> KH KH wrote:

> >> Have you tested the kernel in updates-testing repository and confirmed
> >> that the issues still exist? Is there any bug reports on these aside
> >> from the pending package review requests you brought up? If the issues
> >> still exist we can either fix them or note it in the change log.
> >
> > Yes indeed i'm testing it... (eth1394.ko is not avaible anymore...)
> > Actually headers for juju firewire stack seems to be needed by libdc1394-2:
> > -----------
> > gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I.. -Idc1394/juju -O2 -g -pipe
> > -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
> > --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -Wall -Wunused -MT
> > control.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/control.Tpo -c control.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
> > .libs/control.o
> > In file included from capture.c:35:
> > ../juju/juju.h:23:28: error: fw-device-cdev.h: No such file or directory
>
> you are using an older version of libdc1394 (do an svn checkout)
Indeed i'm using the last rc7 with some hack to have theses juju
headers taken from libraw1394 cvs
> and run configure with
> --with-juju-dir=/usr/src/kernels/2.6.21-1.3233.fc8-i686/include
> (replace the kernel version with the one you have installed.)
I don't have them for my fc6 kernel so i hope they will be there (as
kernel-headers) when 2.6.22 will be shipped...
> Also have in mind for firewire cameras you also need udev/hotplug rules
Thx for this remind i have to do this indeed...

Well now that i can have a "working" libdc1394-2 built, i figure out
that applications cannot be build upon this version. This will need
some work for upstream applications. (for example vlc...)

Nicolas (kwizart)