Re: Automating pam_keyring...

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:54:22 +0200
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists uni-x org> wrote:

> Yes, just the same kind of UI prompts for SSH and GPG keys.
>
> I have several SSH keys I load into ssh-agent at first login and thus
> get several UI input popups initiated by keychain. As well the keyring
> request for my wireless WPA key. Can't think of a way a single
> application would reduce the onetime amount of passphrase requests.

Well, theoretically you'd allow gnome-keyring to save all those
passphrases and then you'd have a master passphrase (different from the
rest) that would allow gnome-keyring to dole them out as needed.  But
yes, that puts all your eggs in the gnome-keyring basket and relying on
the strength of your master keyring.  I always make sure my login
password/phrase is different than that of my master keyring phrase, and
that is different from any of the passphrases in my ring.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora