Presto: what happened to it?

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 01:31:01 UTC 2007

2007/7/18, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>:
> There's actually work underway to get to where we can enable presto by
> default.  Jonathan took a number of patches from me to clean things up a
> bit and those are present in the most recent presto release (0.4.0).
> Also, there's some work starting to get underway to add the support
> within the buildsystem for deltarpm generation.  This will make it
> possible for us to create and distribute them natively as part of the
> distro/update build process.
>
> So the short answer is, we're working on it and it's currently being
> tracked as a proposed feature for Fedora 8[1]

I have been using presto 0.4.0 since its release. I need to change 3
lines to make it work, one is that it cannot find 'Errors' but
'yum.Errors', another one is add 'DRPM' before file path, because
there is nowhere to mention that directory level, it is not in the
delta primary xml. After that everything goes without any problem,
though not all packages have a delta (because the repo is relatively
new I think). The repo is really fast and up-to-date.

--
bbbush ^_^