Re: rsyslog is in F8

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 14:27 +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
Peter Vrabec wrote:
I'd say that since sysklogd is erased, rsylogd should be automatically
enabled and started. Yes, I know the packaging recommendations, but I
think that in this case an exception should be accepted.
I agree, but I don't know any nice and secure way we can do it.
shipping an /etc/init.d/rsyslog with default options set to enabled + service rsyslog start in %post is not OK ?

Starting a service in %post is not in at all okay.  It can cause all
sorts of havoc when installing systems, creating live images, init'ing
chroots for building in, ...
Generally speaking, yes. But in this case we are speaking about sysklogd's replacement. And sysklogd IS (was..) already enabled by default.

   manuel