Re: Fedora Feature Proposal: Yum Integration

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams schrieb:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/IgnacioVazquezAbrams/YumIntegration
>
> This feature will allow apps to install packages "on the fly" as they're
> needed instead of requiring them to be installed beforehand.

I'm very skeptical about you proposed feature.

The installation of a package is a heavy injection on a running system.
So I think the installation of a package should only done after the
explicit permission of the administrator. But as far as I have
understand your project page, you plan that this should works
automatically it the application determinate the requirement of a
special package.

I don't know, if that is a good idea for a feature on upcoming Fedora
releases.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt