Re: rsyslog is in F8

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 02:45:11PM +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Why does rsyslogd have to obsolete syslogd?
>
> That's easy -- because it does. The original syslogd is no longer in
> development.

Right, I figured it would be something like syslogd being discontinued.
On the other hand, it's been reasonably quiet for like 6 years.

Please don't understand me wrong here, I do get the idea of why Fedora
has to replace sysklogd for another package in whatever it releases and
maintains. +1 to that.

Nonetheless, my stupid question was about why it has to, immediately,
explicitly,  obsolete sysklogd, leaving "no" choice to continue using
sysklogd. Do they conflict if only installed on the same system, in a
way that can't be fixed?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip