Re: NOTE: Please publicize any license changes to your packages

> BTW, shouldn't we start changing License: tags in packages for *GPL
> packages, so that it include the exact version?
> E.g. License: GPL2 (or GPL2only?) for GPL 2 without any later,
> LGPL2.1+ (or LGPL2.1?) for LGPL 2.1 or any later, etc.

There is a whole subject here... distributors of GPL2 "or later" have
the opportunity to specify the terms they are distributing it on.  For
example, it is a legit option AIUI to specify that you are giving people
GPL2 "or later" stuff under specifically GPL2 terms.

-Andy