Re: Fedora & Sound: an excercise in frustration

Kelly wrote:
I noticed people discussing problems with the sound in Fedora. I had problems with the sound myself, until I switched everything over to using the PulseAudio daemon. There are fantastic instructions here:

http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

and everything is in the repositories. The only thing to note is that the system won't start PulseAudio by default; I fixed that by putting it in a startup script in my ~/.kde/Autostart folder, and I imagine Gnome has a similar procedure.

Note that Pulse Audio is planned to be the default sound server in the next release of Fedora.

Rahul