Re: WTF⁈ ShowOnlyIn=GNOME

On 7/22/07, nodata <lsof nodata co uk> wrote:
Am Samstag, den 21.07.2007, 09:18 -0700 schrieb Christopher Stone:
> On 7/21/07, Naheem Zaffar <naheemzaffar gmail com> wrote:
> > Some applications would only be sane in a specific environment. As an
> > example, Gnome should have a link to Nautilus for file management, KDE
> > to Konqueror (or whatever they have got in KDE 4. Dolphin?).
>
> I do not understand this logic.  Why do we assume GNOME users will
> only use Nautilus, and KDE users will only use Konqueror?

Of course Gnome users might want to use Konqueror, and they are free to
do so. But if they know what Konqueror is, then they know how to add a
launcher to their panel.

The alternative is what Suse has - a disasterous hard-to-use clutter of
menu items.

How can one possibly argue that an installed application should not
show up in a users menu?

Somehow if I add a menu entry for an application I installed, it will
make my menu a unusable clutter of Suse mess?

What in the world are you people thinking??