Re: separate sysv subpackages

On 07/23/2007 11:49 PM, Rudolf Kastl wrote:
actually i really have to disagree somewhat with the above statements.

infact i do use an unmodified (ok it is modified but unrelated to the
initscripts issue) rawhide for ages now i really dont have any use
cases for systemV or the systemV init scripts.

i also dont like stub packages... it annoys me enough that there are
various packages without payload in the distro (just junk in the db in
my eyes).

I second that. From time to time I feel the urge to use stripped down distributions (-> running from flash or maybe in a LTSP env, not from hdd ) and a separate initscripts not pulling in stuff which is useful on a normal env but useless for this particular usage would be a great help.