Re: NOTE: Please publicize any license changes to your packages

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:20:45 +0200
> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 freenet de> wrote:
>
> > Then spare your breath. I've been told all FSF owned packages will
> > change to [L]GPLv3 by RMS order until 2007-07-31.
> >
> > GCC/binutils/gdb already are changing. I don't know about others.
> > Once glibc will change, you can mark all packages for "review by
> > legal".
>
> Until the FSF figures out what the hell they're going to do with gplv2
> being incompatible with gplv3, we can't allow it in the distribution.

that's sort of an unfair statement of the situation.
gplv3 is not compatible with v2, but for what would it need to be? YOu
can have v2 and v3 programs in the same distro just like you can have v2
and other licensed programs in the same distro.

It only becomes a problem when you're linking (and for most cases that
is fine) or are otherwise a derived work.