Re: todays update wipes all kernels and rpm is broken

On 7/24/07, seth vidal <skvidal linux duke edu> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 20:18 -0400, yonas Abraham wrote:
> in my rawhide machine, I use pirut to apply the appdates. it failed at
> almost the end. after reboot,  I am left with only one kernel vesrion.
> I had it set up in /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf to keep 3
> kernels. now that file is actually removed and saved as
> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf.rpmsave
>
> running rpm gives :error loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1
>
> /usr/bin/pirut : error in loading libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

1. the installonlyn plugin is no longer  in the yum package in rawhide.
That feature has been moved into yum itself so the plugin isn't needed.
Yum should be preserving 2 kernels by default in the configuration in
fedora. You can set the number you want it to keep by setting
installonly_limit in yum.conf

it is good to know.

2. not sure about the deps but something as deep as libgcc_s.so.1 seems
bad.
 When you say pirut 'failed' what did it print out?

i don't remember what was it but it was a very long trace_back. The
machine is still here, planning to re install  it with fresh. But if
you want me to try before that, i am willing to try

/yonas