Re: NOTE: Please publicize any license changes to your packages

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 02:55:39PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
I respectfuly disagree - for every project that uses a mix of licenses
the licensing split is motivated either by different code origin or by
a careful reflexion on what part can be re-used in what context. In
both cases bundling everything in a single package or subackage is not
doing anyone any favour.

Additionally, if the -devel packages were split on license boundaries,
then perhaps the buildsystem could flag attempts to link to
incompatibly-licensed libararies.

Oooh. While that would still require the License tags to be correct, that seems like a really clever idea to me.

     Jima