Re: WTF⁈ ShowOnlyIn=GNOME

On 23/07/07, Christopher Stone <chris stone gmail com> wrote:

> I seem to recall back in the middle ages, that when in Gnome, there
> was a main Menu entry called KDE, which brought a submenu up showing
> the menu of KDE apps you would see in KDE. And vice versa. I think
> this would be a nice thing to have, and might represent a happy medium
> for all sides of this argument.

There is a gnome-menus which can be used on the KDE side, but I don't
know if there is a kde-menus for GNOME.  I think this would be
perfectly acceptable provided these packages actually have the ability
to override the OnlyShowIn directive.

Ah. My apologies for the (now obsolete) message earlier :) I too remember the middle ages ;)

I found the package "kmenu-gnome" lurking in the package manager, ... seems to work, although it only shows two items (grip and "Configuration Editor" :)) Thanks for the pointer.