Re: Dim Screen after Resume - which component to file bug against?

On 26/07/07, Thomas J. Baker <tjb unh edu> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 22:31 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 20:14 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> > The 2.6.22 kernel and associated iwlwifi upgrade has allowed me to start
> > using suspend and hibernate again on my Inspiron XPS M1210. Hibernate
> > works perfectly, suspend has one quirk. On resume the screen is quite
> > dim and the level can't be changed. Is this a kernel bug or a g-power-m
> > one?
>
> Try using any brightness keys that you have to change down and then up.
> If that works, then it probably needs the reset-brightness-quirk (which
> we really need to build a new pm-utils, etc so that it can be taken
> advantage of)
>
> Jeremy

The hardware keys don't work after the resume. They work fine before the
suspend.

Thanks,

FWIW... "me too" on same hardware. Doing a ctrl-alt-F1 ctrl-alt-f7
remedies the situation, does it for you? However, doing that just now
I noticed that the ttys had stopped working. hm.