On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:26:25 +0100
David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:

> It doesn't become any _less_ of a nightmare just because you ship it
> separately. If we don't want it Fedora's kernel RPM, then we don't
> want it in Fedora at all.

+10.  Most the problems with external mods surround the headaches that
rpm / yum has to go through to support them, and having them on the
system when bugs occur.  Regardless of where they live, we'll still
have these pains so long as they're external to the kernel rpm.  If
they're in the kernel, then the only problem we have is carrying them
forward and perhaps having them unloaded to dupe a problem, and
marshaling bugs to the right people (but we do that anyway).

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora