Re: Fedora & Sound: an excercise in frustration

Dimi Paun wrote:
Guys,

The sound situation is appalling: since FC6, my sounds stops/starts
working with pretty much _every_ kernel update! Don't worry, the
steady state is that it's not working. It will start working for a
short lived kernel version, but people are diligently working to
fix it back to its non-working state.

Hardware (bog standard):
  [root dimi ~]# lspci | grep -i audio
  00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)

Software:
   Standard FC6, now F7

I would appreciate if you can try this and let me know if this fixes your problem:

-----

yum -y update glibc\*
yum -y install automake gcc mercurial iwl\*
hg clone http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa-driver alsa-driver
cd alsa-driver
./cvscompile
make install