please enable XFS in anaconda

Dan Yocum yocum at fnal.gov
Thu Jul 26 21:32:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

It's been many years since I, and others, have pushed Marcelo and Linus
to include XFS in the kernel.  And we *have* been able to install using
XFS as the default filesystem by passing the command line option 'linux
xfs' (see: http://www.fedorafaq.org/#reiserjfs) when starting the
install, but can you please enable XFS as a default FS option during the
formating section so we don't have to remember to pass this option when
booting?

Here at Fermilab we've got nearly a petabyte (or more!) of spinning disk
with XFS filesystems.  It's stable, widely tested, widely deployed, and
it's being actively developed and maintained (which is more than can be
said of some other filesystems that remain in the default list).  It's
in the kernel, it shouldn't be "hidden" in the depths of anaconda anymore.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Yocum