Re: Blog post about package management (aimed at fedora)

Richard Hughes wrote:
I've blogged about package management in Fedora (and how it sucks in
other distros too) and also discussed abstract per-system package
management over DBUS interfaces.

I would appreciate feedback on
http://hughsient.livejournal.com/31429.html
"Do we have to make the API asynchronous?"
YES!!!
the best way to fix the progressbar hangs is multithreading.
let the gui draw its stuff, while a background thread does the real work.
yumex afaik works this way.