Re: please enable XFS in anaconda

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:32:30 -0500
Dan Yocum <yocum fnal gov> wrote:

It's stable, widely tested, widely deployed, and it's being actively developed and maintained (which is more than can
be said of some other filesystems that remain in the default list).
It's in the kernel, it shouldn't be "hidden" in the depths of
anaconda anymore.
How's the SELinux support these days?

Should be fine.  Do you know of any outstanding bugs?
(the selinux debacle for FC6 was my fault... I took
the sgi guys' word that a new mkfs option was well tested & optimal for
selinux; turns out that wasn't quite right.  Bug was resolved pretty
quickly after working with the sgi xfs team, though).

And why can't I boot from xfs
yet?

have you tried lately?  It's always been fine on Suse...

And I had been booting from XFS since FC3 or so, but after experiencing the problem described by Eric, I moved to ext3 for my /boot partition.

Dan

--
Dan Yocum
Fermilab  630.840.6509