Blog post about package management (aimed at fedora)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:54:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 10:55 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> I think it's a fantastic idea.  The Mugshot client has a bit of code a
> while ago which implements the "Install Now" link on
> http://mugshot.org/applications that could be used as a starting
> point:

Yes, there's no reason why stuff like OpenOffice can't have "You want to
use clipart, but it is not installed - do you want to install it now?"
and then all fedora has to do is patch the name of the rpm package[1]
and it can just work.

Richard.

[1] because we'll never agree on names between distros...