Re: RPM roadmapping

Panu Matilainen wrote:

Hey all,

I know I'm opening up Pandoras box here but what the heck, it's Friday and I'm feeling slightly bored...

With RPM 4.4.2.1 fresh out and 4.4.x branched off to maintenance mode, time to start looking forward to next major release. While the focus will be largely in cleaning up and streamlining the codebase, it can't realistically be all about just that

User (as opposed to administrator) installs in their home directories. I could run say Mozilla Firefox extracted from a tarball but having a similar capability in RPM itself would be nice.

RPM should also recognize and use library files I have installed through other means.

Rahul