Re: yum kernel/kmod update weirdness

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Does anybody have an explanation for this?
*snip*
This would cause the system to end up with this setup:
kernel-2.6.22.1-33.fc7
kernel-2.6.21-1.3228.fc7
kmod-nvidia-100.14.11-1.2.6.22.1_33.fc7
kmod-nvidia-100.14.11-1.2.6.22.1_27.fc7

This doesn't seem right to me.

Out of curiosity, which kernel is running? 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 or 2.6.22.1-27.fc7? Off the cuff, I'd guessing the former, and yum is trying to make sure it stays installed, but is also trying to make sure only two kmod-nvidia packages are installed, but the logic is telling it to keep the two latest installed instead of the one matching the current-running kernel and the latest (like it's doing with the kernel).
 Wow, did that even make sense? :-)
Just a shot in the dark. (And yes, I would agree that the behavior is non-intuitive.)

     Jima