Re: RPM roadmapping

Till Maas wrote:
On Friday 27 July 2007 14:40:40 Panu Matilainen wrote:

Not everybody is on rpm-maint list and we'd like to hear the wishes of
(Fedora) developers/packagers too. So: what have you always wanted to do
with rpm, but wasn't able to? Or the other way around: what you always
wished rpm would do for you? What always annoyed you out of your mind?

I am missing "soft dependencies", e.g. the possibility to make a package suggest which other packages may enhance it, e.g. with plugins. Afaik in debian packages it is called "Suggests:".

+1.

I would really like to see this, especially for apps that are plugin oriented / modular.

It's one of the few things I miss from Debian.

Regards,
Till