Re: Very much packages with fc6 tag instead of fc7 in the FC7 tree

Steve G wrote:
Fedora maintainers have not rebuilt these packages for Fedora 7
to avoid making end users download the packages for only a release tag
change.

This is bull. Most people download an iso which contains the old version. IOW,
you download it *anyways*. The only people this might help is rawhide users and
people updating via yum - which if I recall, is not officially supported. I'd
like to see this policy changed in F8 so that admins/users can spot failed
upgrades or orphaned packages. That is far greater value than saying its to save
bandwidth when it doesn't.

I did request precisely this to FESCo but unfortunately that got denied with this explanation which I don't think is much of a advantage esp if yum-presto comes in by default.

Rahul