Re: Very much packages with fc6 tag instead of fc7 in the FC7 tree

Steve G wrote:
Fedora maintainers have not rebuilt these packages for Fedora 7
to avoid making end users download the packages for only a release tag
change.

This is bull. Most people download an iso which contains the old version. IOW,
you download it *anyways*. The only people this might help is rawhide users and
people updating via yum - which if I recall, is not officially supported. I'd
like to see this policy changed in F8 so that admins/users can spot failed
upgrades or orphaned packages. That is far greater value than saying its to save
bandwidth when it doesn't.

Actually, many people do network installs. I have no DVD burner so the DVD ISO does me no good. So I downloaded the boot.iso to load up anaconda, and pointed the installer at the right places on the network. Much less downloading as you only update what you need.