Re: Don't put new packages through updates-testing

On 6/1/07, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 freenet de> wrote:
Nope, that's mathematics, get yourself a book on logic or similar ...

Rigorous mathematical logic analysis is an extremely poor toolset to
bring to bear on human designed policy structures.... my wife
reaffirms that for me quite often when I attempt to use the strictures
of logic to understand the decision making processes she is using.  So
in the context of this discussion, I think Rahul's reaction isn't so
much out of place. So while the generalization is very much an
important and fundamental concept that I'm sure Rahul is aware of, its
not really applicable in this discussion. A discussion much more
suited for application of statistical concepts and metrics than
absolute rigor.

-jef"A non-zero variance does not mean your mean is unmeaningful"spaleta