Re: Don't put new packages through updates-testing

David Woodhouse wrote:
On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:14 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
arm-gp2x-linux-kernel-headers
arm-gp2x-linux-binutils
arm-gp2x-linux-gcc
arm-gp2x-linux-glibc

How have you dealt with the dependencies between gcc, libgcc.a, glibc
and libgcc.so to get gcc and glibc into separate packages? Please tell
me you didn't throw them all into the same SRPM :)

Yes I have seperate packages, my gcc spec file has a bootstrap %define, which when true drags in glibc only todo a ./configure ....; make headers-install in the glibc dir, so that I have headers to build gcc against. When bootstrap == 0 an arm-gp2x-linux-glibc package is build-required and used (although as I type this I wonder if this is true, or if when compiling gcc it uses the native headers instead?? Hmm need to check).

Are you using 'make headers_install' to get your kernel-headers? If not,
please do.

Erm, I'm using a prebuild kernel-headers tarbal which is used by pld for cross compilers and which is used in the compile from source sdk's currently available from the gp2x community.

Please see:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/

For the srpms and specs, any feedback much appreciated! arm-gp2x-linux-binutils has already been submitted for review (you want the 2.16.1 version, using 2.17 for gp2x was a bad idea), I'm planning on submitting the rest tonight (I'm all done, I just need to fill in the review form)

I'm pretty new to all this cross compile stuff (sofar I've only used cross toolchains not build them myself) so I think those specs could really use a good look over, as said already any feedback is much appreciated!

Regards,

Hans