Re: Meaningless name (was: Re: rpms/xchat/devel ...)

On 6/1/07, Nils Philippsen <nphilipp redhat com> wrote:
Perhaps the menu (whether gnome-panel or bigboard, I don't care) could
do it like this: If there is only one type of $GenericName, display
$GenericName, otherwise $Name and a set-off/smaller script/however
distinguished $GenericName. Exceptions like e.g. Firefox, OOo could be
flagged in the desktop file (e.g. "ShowNameOnly=true").

+1

That would solve the usage cases within my own experience where this
matters at all.

-jef