Re: Automate time zone selection (Was: RFE: use nasa worldwind...)

Several points by various posters

Let me state my point a different way :

I don't wish there to be a regression where the auto-pick-time-zone- fu takes longer or is less accurate than a human picking the correct one when a network configuration is encountered that hasn't been taken into account, or internet access is not available or allowed at installation time.

Other OS's that will remain nameless have to time out during their "phone home" install step if there is no proxy or default route supplied. I wouldn't like that to happen on Fedora just to guess my time zone.

Maybe I'm the only one that does all OS installs isolated from the internet, so I'm a corner case.

Charles Dostale