Re: Don't put new packages through updates-testing

Patrice Dumas wrote:s
On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 01:30:16PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:
Not true many reviewers review on the latest stable, it says nowhere that a review should be done on rawhide.
Review is about guidelines and nowhere in the guideline does it even say that the fucntionality of the package should be tested. When I suggested that it be added I got back a knee jerk reaction to participate in reviews myself.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines::

- SHOULD: The reviewer should test that the package functions as
described. A package should not segfault instead of running, for
example.
I suggested that it the "SHOULD" be changed to "MUST". A package that doesnt even start shouldnt be getting past reviews.

For simple applications, sure, but for libs, modules and servers? And for
example when the package consist in multiple commands should them all be
tested?

Exactly, there are very good reasons why this is a SHOULD and not a MUST. I'm sure almost every reviewer will give a program a test run in the simple program case / scenarion. Why must everything by regulated with rules, procedures and more rules? Why can't we just TRUST each other, I'm getting very tired, sick even, of this!

Regards,

Hans