Re: Don't put new packages through updates-testing

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:
Not true many reviewers review on the latest stable, it says nowhere that a review should be done on rawhide.
Review is about guidelines and nowhere in the guideline does it even say that the fucntionality of the package should be tested. When I suggested that it be added I got back a knee jerk reaction to participate in reviews myself.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines::

- SHOULD: The reviewer should test that the package functions as
described. A package should not segfault instead of running, for
example.
I suggested that it the "SHOULD" be changed to "MUST". A package that doesnt even start shouldnt be getting past reviews.
1. packages never start, applications do.

Pendantic waste.

2. many applications, when being cluelessly used, only mean they have a
functional "usage()"

Which covers base functionality.

3. You can't launch anything in library packages.

Irrelevant to this rule then.

Rahul