Re: Don't put new packages through updates-testing

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 16:31:10 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Users facing these broken packages might just leave rather than report bugs. Do you care about that?
Even worse if the users face broken packages that have gone through
something labeled "updates-testing".
Alteast then they can contribute towards testing.

Users who would "leave" don't try out so-called test-updates anyway.

An estimated big percentage of those few users, who do try out
test-updates, won't take the time to report a problem. There's too
much of a risk of hearing "know thing" or FIXED/RAWHIDE.

We are assuming a lot here without any data to back up these assumptions. At any rate I don't think we are going to convince each other so I would leave the final decision to FESCo.

Rahul