Re: Change to U.T.C. based release times

Hans K. Rosbach wrote:
> From: "Ralf Ertzinger" <fedora camperquake de>
>
>> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:50:20 +0100, Naheem Zaffar wrote
>>
>>> Maybe also add GMT to the announcements to make it easier for the rest
>>> of the world to calculate the time?
>>>
>> For this discussion GMT is the same as UTC.
>>

> Maybe timings should be specified as ex: "10:00 UTC/GMT" just for clarity.
> Atleast it is my understanding that GMT is what most europeans learn to
> calculate by. Ex: Norway is GMT+1 and UTC was something I never
> really knew what was until I finally decided to google it.
>
> Just my two øre.
>
> -HK
No. Either we use GMT or we use UTC. Personally I prefer GMT, but I'm
trying to be international, and using a term with Greenwich in it seems
wrong in that context.

-

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador
ben lewis benl co uk

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118

begin:vcard
fn:Benjamin Lewis (tc1415)
n:Lewis;Benjamin