Re: proposal: new guidelines for rule makers

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 10:26:09AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> <humor, with a serious undertone>
>
> Since those making packaging guidelines and other rules seem to be out of
> touch with the workfloor these days I would like to propose the following
> guideline for rulemakers:
>
> Those making guidelines / rules within the Fedora project must actively
> maintain atleast 30 packages.

with my FPC hat on: Are there any recent packaging guidelines that
make you say that? I don't agree with everything that passes, but it
isn't that crappy either.

> Rationale: How can one make rules if one isn't involved in that which is
> regulated oneself?

There's a lot of truth in this. But unfortunately that's the classical
issue of management losing touch with reality, and there is no easy
recipe on how to rectify this.

> </humor>

I'd say let's raise that bar to `grep goede owners.list | wc -l` :)
That would probably leave only a handful of people, or perhaps only
one ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net