Re: Change to U.T.C. based release times

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sunday 03 June 2007 09:30:02 Benjamin Lewis wrote:
>
>> I understand that, but imho local jitter is better than global jitter.
>> Just about everyone knows their offset from UTC, DST or no DST. I know
>> the wiki has the infomation regarding the UTC times from Eastern, but
>> very often this isn't what people - me included - are told when they
>> ask. If I was given an UTC time then there would have been _no_ confusion.
>>

> They _are_ given in a UTC time.  That UTC time may be one hour later / earlier
> depending on the time of the year, but it is still listed in UTC and you're
> still able to convert from UTC to your local time.

I'm not denying that - jitter will occur whatever we do. But I do think
an international project should use an international time - Universal
Co-ordinated Time.

--

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118

begin:vcard
fn:Benjamin Lewis (tc1415)
n:Lewis;Benjamin