Re: PR: thunderbird-enigmail, building own thunderbird inside?

Christopher Aillon wrote:
Remi Collet wrote:
Result of my research before submitting this.

Mandriva : 1 SRPMS = 3 RPMS
mozilla-thunderbird (without langpack)=>
  + mozilla-thunderbird
  + mozilla-thunderbird-devel
  + mozilla-thunderbird-enigmail

OpenSuse : 1 SRPMS = 1 RPMS
MozillaThunderbird => MozillaThunderbird (thunderbird + enigmail)

And I know that both of these approaches have been frowned upon by upstream.

And why should we care about that ? Don't we have a stronger commitment to end users than to upstream projects ?