Re: kernel-devel packages

Otto Haliburton wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-devel-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:fedora-devel-list-
bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Gerry Reno
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2007 4:22 PM
To: Development discussions related to Fedora Core
Subject: Re: kernel-devel packages

Ok, I tried loading the 2.6.20-1.2952.fc6 kernel and it crashes on my
server with an "unknown bus timing" error.  Every 2.6.20 kernel so far
is unable to run on my hardware.  So I'm stuck at 2.6.19.  I've opened a
bug on this some time ago.  But I don't see anything happening with it.

Now, I need a package that has a dep for kernel-devel and it won't
install because yum cannot find kernel-devel for the 2.6.19-1.2895
kernel.  How do I get access to the kernel-devel for my running kernel?

Gerry Reno wrote:
yum install kernel-devel-2.6.19-1.2895
zip/nada/nothing

go to add/remove programs and click on list and scroll down to kernel and
see if it is there and then check it and see if it will install