Re: Why isn't emacs installed by default

Shams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering is there any reason that emacs is not selected and
> installed by default ie. with just the default install options in Anaconda..
>
> Thanks
> Shams

My guess is that the number of people that don't use it, far outweigh
the number of people that do.  While some people may find this sad it's
an honest truth and it seems pointless to force emacs onto a great deal
of the users that don't want it.

On a side note, it appears your clock is 12 hours out ;)

N.J.