Re: fedora for ARM

Hi Lennert, your contributions to ARM Linux have not gone unnoticed. Nice to see you here!

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

I'm posting here because I would really really like to get the relevant
diffs merged back into Fedora.

The diffs look nice so IMHO should simply be applied, just that you'll probably have to open BZ entries for each and every one of them and push each individual maintainer to just do it...

A bit off-topic questions:

1. What is the target system(s) you're using? I for one have a very vague
   understanding of what lab boards etc may be used for running ARM
   Fedora.

2. As I understand it you employ the Fedora/x86 style of not using a
   cross-compiler to build these packages, but rather build them with ARM
   on ARM. I am aware of some RPM derivatives like those used by
   MontaVista, that employ a cross-compiler instead. What are your thought
   on these issues? Have you tested both solutions and come to the
   conclusion that the all-ARM-enclosed build system is the way to go?

Linus