Re: CDs from DVD with Pungi almost works

On 6/5/07, Tony Nelson <tonynelson georgeanelson com> wrote:
Because of the requests on fedora-list for CDs for F7, I'm trying to get
Pungi to create CDs from the DVD, and I think it almost works.  I'll need
some help if I'm to get it to work.

My basic procedure is to make a Pungi config file and a yum.conf that will
use the loopback-mounted DVD ISO file as the source of packages and other
info.  That seems to work.

The DVD repodata was not suitable because the "media:" URLs weren't
understood, so I used createrepo to make new repodata and pointed the
yum.conf to it.  Is there a way to use the DVD's repodata?  Do I need to
monkey-patch urlopen()?

Just umount the DVD if it has mounted automatically. And then re mount
it under /media/DVD for example. It works well for me :-)

--
http://vnoss.org