Re: Why isn't emacs installed by default

On Sunday 03 June 2007 14:21:50 Shams wrote:
> I was just wondering is there any reason that emacs is not selected and
> installed by default ie. with just the default install options in
> Anaconda..

Simple.  If you know you want emacs, you can install it by checking the box,
or installing it after with yum.  Users who don't know about it are not
likely to understand what 'emacs' is and run it.

At least that's my opinion.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora