Re: CDs from DVD with Pungi almost works

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 10:21:24 Tony Nelson wrote:
> How so?  There seems to be a problem with the comps.xml file, which omits
> 20 packages, some of which are needed.  So far no one has addressed my
> questions, including that one.  Will there be other problems?
>
> Should those who needs F7 CDs install F7 first?  I don't suppose that's
> much more a slap in the face than having to use Pungi to create the images
> in the first place.

The yum api is different, the anaconda-runtime calls are different, the
userland tools to generate images that are needed during install are too old
to work with the Fedora 7 kernel, pungi itself has had a TON of bugfixes and
changes to it in order to properly compose Fedora 7, etc...

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora