Re: Feature idea: package an installer image as a grub entry before F8.

On 6/5/07, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
Colin Walters <walters <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Alternatively, couldn't yum and sublibraries just be rebuilt against the
> earlier Fedora?  If you disallowed the yum stack from using new python
> features that should work.

Or we could just use APT-RPM and stop worrying about Python. ;-)

I've used the apt-get dist-upgrade scenarios you described in another
email for quite some time now, across several machines.  One such
machine sits under a desk 3,000mi away from me now, and has been
upgraded this way since FC-1 :)

                                         -Chris
--
Chris Weyl