Re: kernel 1PPS support was in FC6 and now not in F7

On 06/07/2007 12:31 AM, Dave Jones wrote:
 > So I want to ask that the 1PPS be put back into the F7 kernel as it
 > was there in FC6, so why take it away?

I have no idea what '1PPS' is, but it doesn't show up as a config
option, so any pointers to what is actually missing would be
appreciated.

1PPS is simply one pulse per second.

Some information:
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/pps.html
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/ntp/PPS/
http://wiki.enneenne.com/index.php/LinuxPPS_support

As far as I know it has never been in any of the RedHat/Fedora kernels.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars homer se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/